Personally invested in technology’s advancements and utilizing them to develop elegant solutions to real problems.
Primary General Skills
- Backend Development
- Database Design & Integration
- I have also used both SQL-based and non-SQL-based collection type databases, both in design of the database and in access through an application, utilizing ORMs, or some other sane data access layer. I have used MySQL / MariaDB, MongoDB, and HPE Vertica.
- Agile Methodology
- From a project management standpoint, most of my experience has been with the Agile development methodology, using the Atlassian tools (BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence) with CD implemented through Bamboo, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Unix Administration
- While I am primarily interested and well-versed in implementing application-level functionality, I am comfortable on the command line. I like to use Node, Bash, or whatever is most appropriate to automate tedious tasks, such as creating multiple builds of one project with different configurations at the same time. I also have some experience with deployment management tools, like Ansible and Vagrant.
- GSN Games (Game Show Network)
- Software Engineer, Monetization
April 2016 - Current
- Built new features for, and maintained existing ones, on an abstraction layer for Unity that controls multiple native video advertising SDKs for a highly-rated set of casual mobile games
- Created a solution for integrating a native survey provider into Unity without leveraging their Android / iOS SDKs
- Created a build script that generated and built an Android Gradle project on Unity 5.3
- Created an Android (Java) plugin to marshall data between a native advertising plugin and Unity
- OYO Sports
- Jr. Software Engineer
July 2014 - March 2016
- Created backend system in C# utilizing COM interop (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign) and scripting languages (Autodesk Maya) that automated graphic asset generation for multiple product lines consisting of 100+ SKUs each
- Principal developer on backend API for OYO web services, providing Single-Sign-On across all web properties and encapsulation of business rules / application logic in a single modern project utilizing the Silex framework and various best-in-class Composer packages for readability and maintainability
- Performed initial R&D tasks for Magento project
- Wrote a multitude of backend-focused Magento (PHP) extensions for the OYO e-commerce store
- Critical member on a small team working to meet tight deadlines
- Dabbled in MS SQL Server / MySQL administration and stored procedure development
B.S. Computer Information Technology | Champlain College, 2013
Nick Stein — email@example.com — (617) 448-1192 — https://www.linkedin.com/in/nlwstein